We do not collect personal information about you when you visit the website, unless you have chosen to provide such information by registering for an online service via the website or through one of our affiliate links (such as signing up for email updates). If you choose not to provide us with your personal information you may not be able to access some of the services offered by Broseley Festival CIC such as email updates or take part in promotions.
We collect your personal information you have provided to the site in the following ways:
• Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up for Shropshire Festival email alerts, and how you use our emails (for example whether you open them and which links you click on)
• Questions, queries, comments and feedback you leave via a submission form on our websites which also includes your email address and name. We may use your personal data to provide you with information on upcoming events, ticket information, features and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We will not sell or pass on your personal information to other services or third parties except where this is essential in order to provide the service you have requested through the Shropshire Festivals website, or you have given us your permission to do so. We will always make it clear to you if we propose to share your personal information with others and seek your agreement to do so.
We do not sell nor otherwise disclose personal data. In addition, we may disclose your personal data if:
• We are required to do so by law or legal process • it is at the request of law enforcement authorities or other government officials
• We believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
• The administrators of this site are subject to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and may have to disclose information about the website, or users, to comply with a lawful request. Any such disclosure, however, will not offend the data protection principles under the Data Protection Act (DPA), i.e. disclosure under the FOI Act will still comply with the DPA.
We take reasonable steps to protect against unauthorised access to, alteration, disclosure, or deletion of personal information. Our website is provided by a third party hosting service, whose security measures are independently audited and certified. Our servers are protected by firewalls and have an active monitoring system that provides an alert of deliberate attempts to disrupt or hack into the service.
Access to personal information held on the Shropshire Festivals websites are restricted to Broseley Festivals CIC directors only who need to know that information in order to deliver or improve Broseley Festival CIC's services.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites). Broseley Festival CIC cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Engagement, communication and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. Shropshire Festivals Websites will never ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. Shropshire Festivals websites may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to do so.
Resources and Further Information
• Data Protection Act 1998
• Freedom of Information Act 2000
Broseley Festival CIC - 2020